Sat, 15 Feb|
Day hike to Madhugiri Fort
Second largest monolith in entire Asia
Time & Location
15-Feb-2020, 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
Madhugiri Betta, Karnataka 572132
About the Event
Here comes the hike to second largest monolith in entire Asia. Inviting all women hikers for a day hike to the Madhugiri fort with like-minded women adventurists. Come & join this ALAG Adventure.
About the Trek:
Madhugiri hill which translated to the Madhu (Honey) + Giri (Hill): Hill of the honey. Madhugiri is a single hill and the second largest monolith in entire Asia, which is famous for its architecture and was built by the Vijayanagar Dynasty. The fort is perched on a steep slope of the hill. Madhugiri fort is famous for the stone carving as well as the architecture. It was built in the year 1678 by Raja Heera Gowda who belonged to the Ganga Dynasty. Once complete, Hyder Ali added arches, watch towers and circular granaries around the fort. Various rulers occupied the fort and ruled the region. It was also occupied by the British for a short period. You love history, rock carvings, photography, you will love this place too.
Date: 15th February 2020 (Saturday)
Start point: Shantala Silk, Majestic (Reporting at 06:00 hours)
End Point: Shantala Silk, Majestic (Return at 18:00 hours)
Transportation: Hired vehicle
Difficulty level: Moderately challenging (5 km to & fro)
Pax: 12 / 20
Cost: INR. 1399/- All Inclusive (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Transport, Driver Bata, Permit etc.)
Registration will be closed once the slots are full or on 10.02.2020 (whichever is earlier). While registering you will see payment options. Kindly pay and register to confirm your seat. Do mention (ALAG-15Feb-Your Name) in transfer details.
NOTE: Detailed itinerary, things to carry and Do`s & Don’ts will be shared with registered participants. For any query feel free to revert at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp at 9900027525.
Payment Terms, Refund and Cancellation Fees:
- 100% advance at the time of registering event
- 100% refund if you get a replacement
- 70% refund if cancelled within 30 days from date of the event
- 50 % refund if cancelled within 29-10 days from date of the event
- 0% refund if cancelled within 10-0 days of the event
- Min 8 people required to confirm this event. Complete refund will be provided in case of reschedule.
- Please note: The date of written (email only) communication of intent to cancel is the date considered for calculation of the cancellation fees.
Terms and Conditions
- We strictly follow LNT (Leave No Trace) We take back whatever we bring.
- Smoking, drinking and littering on our adventures are strictly prohibited.
- Basic fitness and motivation to complete the adventure is the only criterion for participation.
- All participants joining on all adventure journey with ALAG must complete and sign a release of liability and assumption of risk form prior to travel.
- Exclusion: Anything that is not mentioned under inclusion
- Food - Veg only
All Inclusive (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Transport, Driver Bata, Permit etc.)